
"OOOOO"
Light House Point Beach, New Haven, CT
Aperture: f/16
Shutter Speed: 1/250
ISO: 400
Nuff' said.
-Darell
"Follow the Light"
Honeymoon Bay, TAS
Aperture: f/14
Shutter Speed: 1/250s
Edits: Picture is cropped
I cheated.
This isn't fresh of the Compact Flash card (It was pissing cats, dogs and the odd elephant today).
Remember the 'Silhouettes' theme? Well, this is the other picture that was up for contention. Tell me which one you like more!
Anyhow this, in my mind, is what the road to Heaven would look like!
- Jian
P.S Jing, the previous Tasmania picture was taken at sunset
P.P.S Jing, I love the message in the sand=)
Honeymoon Bay, TAS
Aperture: f/14
Shutter Speed: 1/250s
Edits: Picture is cropped
I cheated.
This isn't fresh of the Compact Flash card (It was pissing cats, dogs and the odd elephant today).
Remember the 'Silhouettes' theme? Well, this is the other picture that was up for contention. Tell me which one you like more!
Anyhow this, in my mind, is what the road to Heaven would look like!
- Jian
P.S Jing, the previous Tasmania picture was taken at sunset
P.P.S Jing, I love the message in the sand=)
a penny a day...since 1937.
living room, new york.
just kidding.
1937 was way before my time.
i'm only having my mid-life crisis now.
(taken with my poorman's "macro" lens.)
aperture: 0.0 (unknown)|exposure: 1/10
-june.
Fishing
Asbury Park, NJ
Shutter speed: 1/1600
Aperture: f/16
I went to the shore to visit a really old friend this weekend, and we walked along the beach by her house.
I thought this was sort of cute. Reminds me a little of Jian's shots, with the whole silhouette people-in-the-distance thing going on. :) Shutter speed was fast because it was a really sunny day at the beach.
-Jing
"Say goodnight and go"
Depot Road, Singapore
Aperture: f/3.2
Exposure Time: 1 s
By the end of today, all my housemates will be gone--all leaving, one by one, for home/school/travels/a combination of the three. The way my apartment has been emptying out is similar to how Singapore streets quiet down at night...no one left except occasional passersby.
~Tian
Asbury Park, NJ
Shutter speed: 1/1600
Aperture: f/16
I went to the shore to visit a really old friend this weekend, and we walked along the beach by her house.
I thought this was sort of cute. Reminds me a little of Jian's shots, with the whole silhouette people-in-the-distance thing going on. :) Shutter speed was fast because it was a really sunny day at the beach.
-Jing
Depot Road, Singapore
Aperture: f/3.2
Exposure Time: 1 s
By the end of today, all my housemates will be gone--all leaving, one by one, for home/school/travels/a combination of the three. The way my apartment has been emptying out is similar to how Singapore streets quiet down at night...no one left except occasional passersby.
~Tian
10 comments:
jian: i love the child silhouette in this one, but i have to say, the tension in the other picture really pulled me to it. beautiful captures.
June: Now that you mention it I kinda like the other one. I was drawn to this present one because of the kid holding his dad's hand. Really poignant moment! Look forward to seeing your creation=)
Hey guys,
I'm going to have agree with you.. Jian's first one is definitely my favourite. The sky is so beautiful.
Jing
Jing: Oh Jinggg that would have been an amazing shot if you caught it at sunset. Though I doubt people would be fishing at sunset. Lovely picture though=)
Try doing water shots at sunset. You can slow down the shutter speed and get the misty watery movements.
June: What Macro lense are you using? I want to get one but they are oh so expensive!
Ahh too bad I am no longer at the beach! I'll try it out next week when I'm back at a beach again. Its going to be good. :) Thanks for the advice.
jian: it's actually not a macro lens. it's just a standard prime lens detached from the camera body and turned around, held in place by my hand. model: http://www.amazon.com/Canon-50mm-1-8-Camera-Lens/dp/B00007E7JU
Darell: Concise picture=) It speaks for itself.
Darell: um I love the fact that his face is smushed up against the glass. And the sky is nice.
darell, that's an awesome capture.
ooooo.
Yay thanks for the encouraging comments, guys! Kid was moving so fast that I was lucky enough to get one of him making that face.
Jian, I love that hunched figure on the left side. It caught my eye the first thing, I've no idea why.
June, it's funny how macro shots sometimes make you not notice things that are so obvious. I looked at your pic three times before realizing that the words are upside down. maybe it's just me. :/
Jing, love how the slender poles stand out even from a great distance. and that little speck of white wave. little contrasts.
Post a Comment