Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wednesday, 13 January, 2010


Miami Beach
Miami, FL

I'd been wanting to take this picture for a while. I just really like the way the buildings frame and lean into the walkway.

SS: 1/2
Aperture: f 3.9
ISO: 200

-Jing


"Skilled"
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Aperture: f/1.7
Shutter Speed: 1/8s

My friend Simin came to town and was just the push I needed to actually go out and find food since she is game to try Malaysian food. After stuffing our faces with Hokkien Noodles, Bak Gou (soup) and Yin Yeung Noodles (Ying & Yang Noodles?) we decided to find some Ramly Burger.

Anyway, in case you haven't been told I am quite an avid fan of Ramly burger. It is the brand name of the meat patty that is used. I am fascinated by the way the guy makes the burger. He cracks an egg, swirls it in this beautiful circular motion and then places a Ramly meat patty on it.

Then, he folds it up!

Anyway, one handed egg cracking is quite a tough ask.

Oh, Ramly burger stalls only open in the evenings and at night. Great for supper.

- Jian


-june.


"Altar"
Home/Puchong, Malaysia

I like the peaceful contemplation the presence of the Buddha statue in my house brings. One doesn't have to be Buddhist to enjoy it.

Aperture: f/5.6
Shutter Speed: 1/6 s
ISO: 1600s

-Darell


2 comments:

Jian Ming said...

Beautiful. It is peaceful isn't it?

Darell said...

It is. I like staying up till the wee hours of the morning where there aren't any fussy relatives hovering, poking and prodding about, just being near it.

I am going to miss Ramly burger sooo much! Question: who IS this mysterious Ramly though?? I want to send a thank-you-for-making-my-life-amazing letter to him

Post a Comment